Passengers become to be able to use electric money cards all over Japan mutually from March 23 2013. Ten cards which related to railways are available.
When you visit Tokyo, you may use an electric prepaid money card just like Suica and PASMO. When you get on trains with it, you can pay fare by it. You do not have to buy a ticket every time. Also you buy something at affiliated stores, you eat or drink at affiliated restaurants, you can pay by the card if remaining value is enough in your card.
Suica and PASMO, both were available only in Tokyo area until now. For example, if you visited Kyoto, you could not use your Suica or PASMO there.
We become to be able to use Suica and PASMO in all area of Japan from March 23 2013. You do not have to buy a new prepaid IC card in Kyoto. Also if you buy a card in Kyoto, you can use it in Tokyo.
But, be careful some points.
- The cards are not available to get on Shinkansen Super Express.
- Passengers cannot get on trains across over two areas. When you get on a train with the card, you have to get off in same area. If you get on a train across over two areas, you have to buy a ticket at a station.
- Stations outside each service area are not available the cards from the beginning.
- Some business operators do not accept to use the cards.
- “PiTaPa” card is available only to pay fare to get on traffics. ”PiTaPa” is not available as an electric money card at stores and restaurants.
There are some limitations such above, but this change becomes convenient. Because you just have to attend to remaining value in one card.
Finally Ten cards are below.
- はやかけん *”Hayakaken”