Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum has held Leonardo da Vinci Exhibition from April 23 2013 to June 30 2013. This exhibition shows “Portrait of Musician” and “Codex Atlantics” for the first time in Japan.
As you know, Leonardo da Vinci was a great Italian painter. And he was also a great scientist. “Portrait of Musician” is one of his great pieces and “Codex Atlantics” is just like memo that he wrote ideas and sketches.
Also this exhibition shows his followers works who called “Leonardeschi”.
Ambrosiana Library and Gallery in Italy has their pieces. Now this is the first time to show that pieces of Ambrosiana Library and Gallery in Japan.
Incidentally, 2013 is the year of “Italy in Japan”. This exhibition is one of events of it.
Leonardo da Vinci Exhibition
- Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum
- April 23 2013 (Tue.) – June 30 (Sun.)
- 9:30 – 17:30 *enter before 17:00
9:30 – 20:00 on Friday. *enter before 19:30
- Monday and May 7 (Tue.) *Open on April 29 and May 6
- Adult: 1,500 yen
- College student: 1,300 yen
- High school student: 800 yen
- Senior (65 and over): 1,000 yen
See also the official website of Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum.